- Speak with Deraquien for a cutscene. Someone has stolen a precious San d'Orian artifact, and they need your help to track down the thief. This lead you to travel to La Theine Plateau.
- Once in La Theine, speak with Narvecaint (F-7) at the entrance to Ordelle's Caves, for another cutscene. Here you discover a man wandering out of the caves. Since the culprit was suspected to be hiding in the caves, and the man vaguely matches the description, he is arrested and taken back to San d'Oria.
- Return to Southern San d'Oria and speak with Deraquien again. You are then told to go the the Chateau d'Oraguille in Northern San d'Oria to speak with Halver.
- Now you discover that the man being questioned is not the thief, but claims to be a lost San d'Orian hero from over 100 years in the past. Halver, of course, doesn't believe any of that nonsense, and sends the man away. You he sends back to Deraquien to keep the aspiring knight appraised.
- Deraquien wonders if the woman, Phillone, that you saw earlier knows anything to help the investigation, and sends you to find out. Phillone and her husband live in the first house on the left after the Tanner's Guild.
- Speak with Phillone for another cutscene. The confused 'hero' wanders into her house, thinking that its his, and that Phillone is his wife. Phillone's husband returns, confusion sets in, and the 'hero' runs out of the house screaming that the future he finds himself in cannot be. It turns out the thief is her brother, and they want to find where he hid the scepter so that they can return it before her brother is found and arrested. Return and speak with Deraquien.
- Time to set out to find the scepter. Go to Jugner Forest through King Ranperre's Tomb. Once you get there, wait until between 18:00 and 4:00, then click on the ??? right outside (F-5). This spawns two mobs, Giollemitte B Feroun and Skeleton Esquire. The first is a shadow, the second a skeleton.
- Easily soloable by a 66 RDM/BLM.
- After you kill them, click on the ??? again for a cutscene.
- Return to Phillone for a cutscene.
- Travel back to La Theine Plateau and speak with Narvecaint again.
- Return one last time to Southern San d'Oria to speak with Phillone and to receive your reward.
Client: Elmemague (Watchdog Alley, Southern San d'Oria)
- A criminal suspect has been spotted on La Theine Plateau. You have been asked to assist in his capture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.