This quest is currently unavailable on Eden. For a full list that ARE available, please see this page.
To our wikipedia editors, please remove this message when this quest is added to Eden.
- Enter the Monastic Cavern through G-7 in Davoi, for a cut-scene with Loo Kohor to start the quest. You will be given the option of whether or not to begin the quest; if you choose to not take the quest, you will not be given the chance to start it again, until the Conquest Ranking on Sunday of the following week.
- Go to Southern San d'Oria, to the Tanners' Guild and talk with Faulpie, the Leathercraft Guildmaster, for a cut-scene. Faulpie will need a Buffalo Hide, Ram Leather, and 10,000 gil to help out.
- Trade the requested items and gil to Faulpie at the same time. Zone and wait until at least the next day (after 0:00 Vana'diel time) to talk to Faulpie again for a cut-scene, at which point you will receive an Orc Cutting, and the recipe of the Orc Helm that requires it. (Note: If you wish to receive another Orc Cutting, you can get more from Faulpie for 100,000 gil each.)
- The Orc Cutting is used in a high skill Leathercraft recipe to craft the level 61 headwear Orc Helm, which is required for the rest of the quest. Neither the Orc Helm nor the Orc Cutting can be sold via the Auction House.
- Return to the Monastic Cavern through G-7 in Davoi while wearing the Orc Helm, for another cut-scene and to receive a key item.
- Go to F-6 in the Monastic Cavern and select the Cryptexsphere while wearing the helm. The key item will disappear and 7 angry Orc Notorious Monsters will arrive!
- The main Orc NM that needs to be killed here is the Orcish Overlord; once it is killed, the others will disappear. It may be possible to Sleep/Lullaby the rest of the Orcs and kill the Overlord, to make the fight easier.
- Once the Orcish Overlord is defeated, select the Cryptexsphere again for a cut-scene.
- Trade the Orc Helm to the Cryptexsphere; there will be another cut-scene and that helm will be replaced by Gadzradd's Helm.
- Zone out and back into the Monastic Cavern through G-7 in Davoi, for a cut-scene that ends the quest, and a Gold Beastcoin reward.
- The beastman headgear quests consist of An Understanding Overlord?, A Moral Manifest?, A Generous General? and An Affable Adamantking?. You cannot have more than one active.
- Yagudo messanger Loo Kohor needs to deliver an important message. However, he cannot proceed, as he is attacked every time he sets foot in Monastic Cavern. Your job is to take the missive and place it where the Overlord is sure to find it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.