- 1 Requirements
- 2 Completing a Mission
- 3 Assault Areas
- 3.1 Leujaoam Sanctum
- 3.2 Mamool Ja Training Grounds
- 3.3 Missions
- 3.4 Rewards
- 3.5 Lebros Cavern
- 3.6 Missions
- 3.7 Rewards
- 3.8 Periqia
- 3.9 Missions
- 3.10 Rewards
- 3.11 Ilrusi Atoll
- 3.12 Missions
- 3.13 Rewards
- 3.14 Nyzul Isle
- 3.15 Missions
- 3.16 Ashu Talif Assault-style Quests
- 3.17 Quests
"Assault" means to make a sudden attack on a fortified area. The goal in Assault is to fight through an enemy stronghold with a small, elite unit of mercenaries.
Before being able to join an Assault Mission you need to become a Mercenary for Aht Urhgan. Then you can go to the Commissions Agency in Aht Urhgan Whitegate, where you can view a list of available tasks. Choose any task that interests you, and gather the number of people necessary to finish the operation. Then, enter the enemy's stronghold and complete your tasks.
Assault can only be undertaken by small, select groups. In exchange, the Imperial Army will evacuate any non-participants so that you can fully concentrate on the operation. On the other hand, no one will be around to help if you find yourself in trouble, so you must always be on guard.
- In order to participate, you must first join "Salaheem's Sentinels" and become a Mercenary by starting Aht Urhgan Mission 3: President Salaheem.
- You need to speak with Rytaal at K-9/10 in the Commissions Agency in Aht Urhgan Whitegate in order to obtain your Imperial Army I.D. Tag (which is required to participate). When you start out with Assault you will be given 3 Imperial Army I.D. Tags - you use one for each Assault Mission you do. One Imperial Army I.D. Tag is restored every 24 hours from when you took your first one, until you have all 3 Imperial Army I.D. Tags back. It is possible to have a fourth Imperial Army I.D. Tag, by choosing to take a Imperial Army I.D. Tag when you have 3 already available, and waiting 24 hours for a new Imperial Army I.D. Tag to be offered.
- You must walk to the particular Staging Point for your Assault area and use the Runic Portal there before you can use the Chamber of Passage to teleport directly to that Staging Point. (For more information, see Runic Portal.)
- For unlocking more missions, you must get higher Mercenary Ranks. This is possible by doing assaults (for futher information see Mercenary Rank).
Completing a Mission
- When you reach the Staging Point, one member of your party needs to get the Assault Armband in order to lead the mission. Talk to the Immortal sentry and pay them 50 Imperial Standing for the armband.
- When your party is all ready, the leader examines the Runic Seal and selects the level cap. The options start at level 50 and go up by 10s, or you can choose no level cap. It then asks if you're ready. If you say yes, everyone in the party that is in the staging area with the correct orders is transported to the mission area. It has been reported that when some members of the party aquire the Assault orders when the Astral Candesence is stolen and the rest takes Assault orders when it has been retrieved, that the party won't be able to enter the Assault.
- When you complete the objectives of an Assault mission, a Rune of Release appears at the exit point, along with an Ancient Lockbox. Whoever opens the Ancient Lockbox receives an unidentified item to take back to town; the rest of the treasure goes into the Treasure Pool. Cast Lots on everything to distribute the treasure before you use the Rune of Release.
- When you use the Rune of Release, you receive the Assault Points reward. The point values listed below are for each player in a party of 3. And below is the additional rules for Assault Points distribution
- Some assaults give additional bonuses or penalties based on how well you perform the assault.
- each additional player reduces the reward by 10%, so in a full party of 6 each player would get 70% of the listed value.
- The first time you win the mission, completing the mission gives a 50% bonus.
- The leader of the mission receives an extra 10% bonus.
- The bonuses are multiplicative, not additive, so if you win an assault the first time, with you as the leader of a 6-man party, you will get (Assault_points) * 70% * 150% * 110%
- If you fail a mission, you still receive 100 Assault Points as a consolation prize.
- After a total party wipe you will automatically be removed after 3 minutes. Bring reraise items in case there is a chance you can still complete the assault
- If you are automatically removed after 3 minutes, any Reraise effects will NOT carry over through the zone, unlike other events.
- You do not need to be in the party to get points when the Rune of Release is activated
- You can talk to Abquhbah in order to know your rank progress. If you select Mercenary Assessment, you are told indirectly how many Assault you will need until your next Mercenary Rank promotion. You need 25 points to rank up, one new completed Assault will give you 5 points, whereas an already completed one (no matter which rank you are doing) will give you 1 point. Nyzul Isle Investigation follows this pattern as well -- the first time you successfully complete a Nyzul Isle Investigation, you get 5 points. Every Nyzul Isle Investigation completed after that (regardless of what floor you enter on) gives you only 1 point.
- To cancel an Assault order, talk to Rytaal and choose 'Cancel application.' to return your orders for an I.D. tag.
- Experience point loss will still occur if you die while inside an Assault area, despite Assault being classified as missions by the game.
- Staging Point: Azouph Isle Staging Point in Caedarva Mire (K-9)
- Assault Mission Giver: Yahsra in Aht Urhgan Whitegate L-9/10
- Fireflies: Azouph Fireflies
Name Rank Recommended Level Party Size Points Objective Description Leujaoam Cleansing PSC 50 3-6 1000 Remove all threats General Afkaam is to inspect Leujaoam Sanctum. Destroy all creatures in the area that may pose a threat to the general. Orichalcum Survey PFC 50 3-6 1200 Discover orichalcum ore There is a rumor that orichalcum ore has been discovered in Leujaoam Sanctum. Find the ore vein before the beastmen do. Escort Professor Chanoix SP 60 3-6 1100 Protect the professor A long-haired marid has been found frozen in the eternal ice of Leujaoam Sanctum. Escort Professor Clavauert B Chanoix to the site of the discovery. Shanarha Grass Conservation LC 50 3-6 1333 (max) Protect the vegetation Rabbits are sending shanarha grass, unique to the Leujaoam Sanctum, to the verge of extinction. Drive away the rabbits and protect the vegetation. Counting Sheep C 60 3-6 1166 (max) Buy black sheep The Imperial Army on the eastern front is being hit by a peculiar cold wave, and warm uniforms are in short supply. Buy as many sheep as you can from the markets in Leujaoam and save the troops. Supplies Recovery S 70 3-6 Retrieve the Supplies A logistics unit headed to the front lines of the war with the Far East was attacked and their supplies were stolen. The enemy then fled toward Leujaoam Sanctum. An Immortals unit will also join in the recovery. Azure Experiments SM 70 3-6 1000(?) Become a test subject The Imperial alchemists have developed various tissues to graft onto and strengthen the bodies of the Immortals, but they need test subjects for clinical experiments. Go lend your assistance. Imperial Code CS 70 3-6 1333 Retrieve the OGMA The Empire's mercury cipher (OGMA) has been stolen by a group of Far Eastern spies. With it, our enemies will be able to decrypt top-secret military orders, thus severely compromising Imperial safety. You are to intercept the enemy as they transport the device. Red Versus Blue SL 70 3-6 1666 Defeat Raubahn Joint battle exercises are to be carried out between the Immortals (blue) and the Inexorables (red). You have been assigned to assist the red team. The first side to defeat the leader of the other will be declared victor. Bloody Rondo FL 70 3-6 1500 (always) Defeat the count After years of quietly defying Imperial rule, the recluse Count Dracula has recently begun preparations for an assault on Al Zahbi. Infiltrate the Leujoam Sanctum, locate the count, and slay him before he can execute his plans.
Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Stoic Earring 3,000 Unfettered Ring 5,000 Tempered Chain 8,000 Potent Belt 10,000 Miraculous Cape 10,000 Yigit Bulawa 15,000 Imperial Bhuj 15,000 Pahluwan Patas 15,000 Amir Kolluks 20,000 Pahluwan Qalansuwa 20,000 Yigit Seraweels 20,000
- Staging Point: Mamool Ja Staging Point in Bhaflau Thickets (map 2 H-11)
- Assault Mission Giver: Isdebaaq in Aht Urhgan Whitegate L-9/10
- Fireflies: Bhaflau Fireflies
Name Rank Recommended Level Party Size Points Objective Description Imperial Agent Rescue PSC 60 3-6 1100 Rescue the agent An agent sent to spy on the secret training grounds of the Mamool Ja has been captured. Rescue him before he is interrogated for Imperial secrets. Preemptive Strike PFC 60 3-6 1000 Destroy the assassins A unit of Mamool Ja soldiers is training in assassination techniques. Destroy them before they can become a threat to the Empress. Sagelord Elimination SP 70 3-6 1200 Defeat Sagelord Molaal Ja Sagelord Molaal Ja is visiting the training grounds to oversee the progress of the soldiers. His elimination would sow chaos and confusion in the Mamool Ja ranks. Breaking Morale LC 60 3-6 1333 (max) Steal the supplies Scouts report that the new Mamool Ja soldiers have received supplies from their families. Destroy Mamool Ja morale by stealing these supplies while being careful to remain undetected. The Double Agent C 70 3-6 1200 (max) Apprehend the spy There is a double agent among the Imperial Qiqirn spies in the Mamool Ja Training Grounds. Find him before he puts the other spies in danger. Imperial Treasure Retrieval S 50 3-6 Recover the treasure A puk recently stole a treasure box containing enchanted gems from the royal treasury. The gems were then given to Mamool Ja officers as a reward for duty. Find and retrieve the treasure. Blitzkrieg SM 70 3-6 1533(max?) Annihilate the enemy After shedding their skins, the Mamool Ja gather for a festival to celebrate their new scales and dance until exhausted. This is a prime opportunity to catch them off guard! Marids in the Mist CS 70 3-6 Neutralize the marids Our agents have informed us that the Mamool Ja have been training marids to use during sieges on the Empire. You are to locate these deadly beasts and capture or eliminate them before it's too late. Azure Ailments SL 70 3-6 ? Gather pathological data To protect against an outbreak of the dreaded kraken flu, data is required on the effects of the disease. Healthy volunteers are wanted to travel to the Mamool Ja Training Grounds and collect important supplies. The Susanoo Shuffle FL 70 3-6 1500 (always) Defeat Orochi In an attempt to strengthen their bonds with the Mamool Ja, an eastern nation has provided the beastmen with a new biologically engineered hydra hybrid known as Orochi. You are to infiltrate the training grounds and eliminate the new threat
Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Antivenom Earring 3,000 Ebullient Ring 5,000 Enlightened Chain 8,000 Spectral Belt 10,000 Bullseye Cape 10,000 Storm Tulwar 15,000 Imperial Neza 15,000 Storm Tabar 15,000 Yigit Gages 20,000 Amir Boots 20,000 Pahluwan Seraweels 20,000
- Staging Point: Halvung Staging Point in Mount Zhayolm (K-6)
- Assault Mission Giver: Famad in Aht Urhgan Whitegate L-9/10
- Fireflies: Zhayolm Fireflies
Name Rank Recommended Level Party Size Points Objective Description Excavation Duty PSC 50 3-6 1100 Remove the obstructions The Imperial Army plans to traverse Lebros Cavern as part of their attack on Halvung, however the tunnels are blocked with rocks. You must remove the obstructions. Lebros Supplies PFC 60 3-6 1200 Deliver the provisions An advance unit sent into Lebros Cavern has met heavy resistance and is in need of reprovisioning. Your mission is to deliver rations to each member of the advance unit. Troll Fugitives SP 70 3-6 1000 Destroy the Troll fugitives The remnants of a Troll army that clashed with Imperial forces has taken refuge within Lebros Cavern. Hunt down the fugitives and prevent them from regrouping. Evade and Escape LC 60 3-6 1000 Discover alternate route The unit deployed within Lebros Cavern is in danger of being overwhelmed by the well-positioned enemy. Discover an alternate route so they can retreat in safety. Siegemaster Assassination C 70 3-6 1100 Assassinate Borgerlur The Trolls have recruited Borgerlur, a siege specialist from central Aradjiah. The Empire cannot allow him to take control of the Troll army. Find and eliminate Borgerlur as he travels through Lebros Cavern. Apkallu Breeding S 60 3-6 1300(max) Match the apkallu Due to their intelligence and ability to travel through both water and on land, the rare Lebros Apkallu is prized by the navy as a messenger bird. Help increase their numbers by pairing them up. Wamoura Farm Raid SM 70 3-6 1166 Remove the threat The enemy has begun raising swarms of wamoura in the Lebros Caverns. If they reach adulthood, they would present a formidable threat. Infiltrate the Lebros Caverns and destroy them. Egg Conservation CS 70 3-6 Drive out the hunters There have been reports that Qiqirn hunters have been collecting the eggs of our army's messenger apkallus. You are to join forces with the male apkallus in the area and eliminate the invading Qiqirn while protecting the females and their eggs. Operation: Black Pearl SL 70 3-6 ? Rescue Princess Kadjaya A ship carrying Princess Kadjaya of the Imperial family back from a diplomatic mission to the West has run aground near the Lebros Cavern. You are to find the survivors and escort them to safety. Better Than One FL 70 3-6 1500 (always) Defeat Black Shuck Recently there have been multiple reports of a three-headed beast attacking traders en route to Al Zahbi. You are to travel to its rumored lair in the Lebros Cavern and slay the monster.
Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Insomnia Earring 3,000 Hale Ring 5,000 Chivalrous Chain 8,000 Precise Belt 10,000 Intensifying Cape 10,000 Imperial Pole 15,000 Doombringer 15,000 Sayosamonji 15,000 Pahluwan Dastanas 20,000 Yigit Crackows 20,000 Amir Korazin 20,000
- Staging Point: Dvucca Isle Staging Point in Caedarva Mire (Dvucca Isle map I-9)
- Assault Mission Giver: Lageegee in Aht Urhgan Whitegate L-9/10
- Fireflies: Dvucca Fireflies
Name Rank Recommended Level Party Size Points Objective Description Seagull Grounded PSC 70 3-6 1100 Escort the prisoner The Immortals have captured a member of the Seagull Phratrie, a rebel organization. You are to escort the prisoner safely to a holding area. Requiem PFC 70 3-6 1000 Destroy the undead An Immortal has reported the existence of a large force of undead soldiers. Destroy these undead minions before they can organize an attack on the Empire. Saving Private Ryaaf SP 70 3-6 1100 Find the survivors A squad sent in to search for the Seagull Phratrie hideout has failed to report. Find any survivors, especially one Private Ryaaf, a relative of the Galeserpent General. Shooting Down the Baron LC 60 3-6 1100 Eliminate the Black Baron An imp known as the Black Baron has hit Periqia like a meteor strike, single-handedly defeating 79 Imperial soldiers. The empire cannot suffer any more losses. It is time for the Baron to meet his end. Building Bridges C 70 3-6 1200 Activate the bridge Thanks to the enemy destroying a bridge along the path of their attack, the unit assaulting Periqia is at an impasse. Find and activate the backup bridge mechanism rumored to be hidden in the area. Stop the Bloodshed S 50 3-6 1000 Exterminate the chigoes The Lamiae are preparing to release swarms of chigoes in Al Zahbi to collect blood samples. Destroy the chigoes and thwart their plan. Defuse the Threat SM 60 3-6 1600 (max) Clear the mine fields The Lamiae have hired Qiqirn demolition experts to set land mines in Periqia. You must eliminate this hazard for the soldiers. Operation: Snake Eyes CS 70 3-6 Locate the generals Generals Karazahm and Umarid of the Imperial Army's Arrapago division have disappeared from camp headquarters while on a mission on Sharug Isle. There is a high possibility that the two have been kidnapped by members of the Undead Swarm. Wake the Puppet SL 70 3-6 ? Retrieve the Mark-IIs During a previous mission to eradicate the Undead Swarm presence from Periqia, the Imperial forces were forced to abandon several Mark-II automatons upon their retreat. You are to infiltrate the area, locate the machines, and aid in their return to Al Zahbi. The Price is Right FL 70 3-6 1500 (always) Assassinate King Goldemar Intelligence reports that the dvergr king, Goldemar, is planning the sale of forbidden magicked weapons to the area's beastmen factions. You are to locate the king and eliminate him before the deal is made.
Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Vision Earring 3,000 Unyielding Ring 5,000 Fortified Chain 8,000 Resolute Belt 10,000 Bushido Cape 10,000 Khanjar 15,000 Hotarumaru 15,000 Imperial Gun 15,000 Amir Puggaree 20,000 Pahluwan Crackows 20,000 Yigit Gomlek 20,000
- Staging Point: Ilrusi Atoll Staging Point in Arrapago Reef (Map 2 G-5)
- Assault Mission Giver: Bhoy Yhupplo in Aht Urhgan Whitegate L-9/10
- Fireflies: Reef Fireflies
Name Rank Recommended Level Party Size Points Objective Description Golden Salvage PSC 60 3-6 1100 Recover the figurehead Rumor has it that the golden figurehead from the Black Coffin, the ship of Luzaf the pirate, can be found somewhere within Ilrusi Atoll. Lamia No.13 PFC 70 3-6 1200 Eliminate Lamia No.13 Your mission is to hunt down Lamia No.13, a fearsome creature known to have performed vile experiments on the countless corpses of her enemies. Extermination SP 70 3-6 1100 Exterminate all monsters The vermin feasting on the corpses left behind by the Lamiae have multiplied to unnatural numbers. Destroy this threat to the surrounding ecology. Demolition Duty LC 50 3-6 1000 (max?) Demolish the shipwrecks A confidential report states that corsairs are secretly collecting the remains of shipwrecks on the Ilrusi Atoll. Use the automaton issued to you by the on-site engineer to demolish these shipwrecks. Searat Salvation C 60 3-6 1166 (max) Save the Qiqirn divers Qiqirn divers assigned the duty of demolishing wrecks on the Ilrusi Atoll have run into a problem with the local wildlife. Lead them back to safety before they decide to abandon their work. Apkallu Seizure S 60 3-6 Capture the apkallu Famous biologist Professor Clavauert is researching apkallu on Ilrusi Atoll. The more discoveries he makes in Aht Urhgan, the more likely he is to join the Empire. Assist him by capturing apkallu. Lost and Found SM 60 3-6 1000 Find the ring The Empress's uncle Bashalab visited Ilrusi Atoll in secret and lost his ring, the "Eye of Zahak." Escort the royal family's hired agent through Ilrusi Atoll and find his lost ring. Deserter CS 70 3-6 Locate the agents Agents of our Anti-Corsair Task Force have gone AWOL and are hiding somewhere in Ilrusi. Your mission is to swiftly disarm the deviants and take them into custody. All information on these criminals is highly classified and any disclosure of their identity is strictly prohibited. Desperately Seeking Cephalopods SL 70 3-6 1000 Collect ahtapot To increase production of special nighttime camouflage, the Imperial marines require large quantities of a secretion from a rare cephalopod known as the ahtapot, found in the Ilrusi Atoll. Bellerophon's Bliss FL 70 3-6 1500 (always) Defeat Khimaira 14X Troll mercenary leader Martial Maestro Megomak has completed his newest creation, the Khimaira 14X, and taken it to the Ilrusi Atoll for combat testing. You are to locate the abomination and exterminate it.
Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Item Assault Pts Velocity Earring 3,000 Garrulous Ring 5,000 Grandiose Chain 8,000 Hurling Belt 10,000 Invigorating Cape 10,000 Imperial Kaman 15,000 Storm Zaghnal 15,000 Storm Fife 15,000 Yigit Turban 20,000 Amir Dirs 20,000 Pahluwan Khazagand 20,000
- Staging Point: Nyzul Isle Staging Point in Alzadaal Undersea Ruins (Nyzul Isle map K-8/9)
- Assault Mission Giver: Sorrowful Sage in Aht Urhgan Whitegate L-9
- Fireflies: Undersea Ruins Fireflies
Name Rank Recommended Level Party Size Points Objective Description Nyzul Isle Investigation PSC 75 3-6 N/A Complete on-site objectives You are to scout out the remnants before the A.A.R.I. sends an official research team. No rewards are offered for these unofficial missions.
- Entrance: Cutter in Arrapago Reef
- Client: Halshaob in Nashmau H-10
- Fireflies: Cutter Fireflies
- Note: These are not Assault missions and are not tied to the Commissions Agency in any way. You must have completed Aht Urhgan Mission 17: Guests of the Empire in order to start these quests. The quests must be completed in linear order in order to progress. Imperial Army I.D. Tags are not required and Assault points are not rewarded.
Name Rank Recommended Level Party Size Points Objective Summary Scouting the Ashu Talif N/A 75 3-6 N/A N/A According to a report, the pirate ship Ashu Talif's crew is armed and dangerous. The Maelstrom Company is to board the ship and judge the severity of the threat, and if possible, eliminate it. Royal Painter Escort N/A 75 3-6 N/A N/A The Empress has sent her royal painter Faluuya to the Ashu Talif to sketch diagrams of the ship. The Maelstrom Company is to protect her as she completes her work. Targeting the Captain N/A 75 3-6 N/A N/A The Imperial Army has decided that the only way to rid the Empire of the Ashu Talif is to dispose of its captain. The Maelstrom Company is to board the Ashu Talif with a small force and end the threat for good.