HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime
Defeat Raubahn. Protect the Elvaan and Hume NPCs.
- The starting point is at (G-9).
- As of 07/01/2007, the NPC behavior may be broken, requiring the players to move around the map, leaving the NPCs at the start.
- There are 8 Elvaan NPCs and 1 Hume NPC.
- Speaking to the Hume NPC begins the Assault, causing the enemy mobs to pop.
- Mobs may aggro you at start, if all of them attack you, they will kill you before you are able to respond.
- When you begin the fight, the Elvaans will run off and start attacking blue mage NPCs that will pop in various places around the map.
- If the Hume NPC is attacked and dies, you lose the Assault.
- If Elvaans die, you lose points. They have around 2500 HP.
- Be careful, because enemies may attack from behind.
- It is possible (confirmed) that the blue mage groups will pop in different places each time this Assault is run.
- The blue mage NPCs all have very low HP and can be solo'd easily. Immune to sleep.
- Raubahn spawns at the top of (I-6) in a group of blue mage NPCs.
- Next to Raubahn is a large pillar, the boss can easily be kited here while you pick off the BLU's.
- The Assault is won when Raubahn has been slain,approx. 3000 HP (2977), so doing also depops remaining enemies.
- The Rune of Release spawns at the starting point at (G-9).
- A good method of dealing with these is to have a red mage diaga a group and kite them around while the other team members pick them off.
- Another method is to have all but one party member head to Raubahn's spawn location and have that one member pop the mobs when everyone in place, having one other person kite the blue mages while the rest kill Raubahn.
- Another method that is effective is to have a NIN/THF or THF to talk to NPC and pop the BLUs, and have two SAM waiting at the NM. Have the NIN or THF flee to them, run in and aggro and kite. After aggro, have the two SAMs kill the NM. We went with NIN/THF, SAM/WAR, DRK/SAM during nighttime. We did not have to 2 hour and still win.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.