- Talk to Brutus in Upper Jeuno who will give you the Pick of Trials and the Weapons Training Guide (key item).
- Use the Pick of Trials until the latent effect disappears.
- How to remove the latent effect:
- You must perform Weapon Skills and Skillchains on monsters that con Easy Prey or higher.
- You receive 1 point for opening/soloing a weaponskill, 2 points for closing a Lv.1 Skillchain, 3 points for closing a Lv.2 Skillchain and 5 points for closing a level 3 Skillchain.
- You must accumulate 300 total points.
- To check to see if the latent effect has disappeared, simply unequip and re-equip the Pick of Trials and if you do not get the bonus stats, you are done.
- Once you no longer receive the latent effect bonus, head back to Upper Jeuno and trade the Pick of Trials back to Brutus, who will take the weapon from you and give you a Map to the Annals of Truth (key item) and tell you to head to Temple of Uggalepih.
- Once in Temple of Uggalepih go to G-9 on the map to the right and click the ??? to spawn the NM named Yallery Brown.
- Note: Poison Potion recommended for this NM fight. AoE sleep (slumber) can be troublesome.
- Once the NM is dead, re-examine the ??? to obtain the Annals of Truth (key item).
- Bring this back to Brutus for your reward. Dietmund shows up during the cut scene.
Client: Brutus (Chocobo Stables, Upper Jeuno)
- The Tenshodo wants Brutus's opinion on which axe they should carry in their stores. Brutus has asked you to test one of the axes until its blade has gone dull.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.