- Speak with Nanaa Mihgo in Windurst Woods to start the quest As Thick as Thieves.
- Speak to Guslam at H-8 in Upper Jeuno in the Durable Shields shop and accept the quest. Once you have flagged this quest you will be able to open the coffer for the Old Gauntlets.
- Open a coffer in Monastic Cavern and obtain the Old Gauntlets (key item).
- Head back to Upper Jeuno and talk to Guslam again, who will tell you he lacks the skill to repair them.
- If this is your first AF hand quest, you must do the following:
- Head to Port Jeuno, go downstairs into the Auction House area, and find a ??? on some crates outside the Jeuno Duty-Free Shop (H-8).
- Click on the ??? for a cutscene and ask to have the gloves repaired.
- Go to F-8 in Castle Zvahl Baileys and touch one of the torches to spawn Dark Spark.
- Kill Dark Spark.
- Touch the torch again (make sure you touch the same torch you used to spawn him) to receive the Shadow Flames (key item).
- If other players in the party also need this key item, they can touch the torch as well - you don't have to fight him for each person.
- Head back to Port Jeuno and click on the ??? at the toolbox for a cutscene. This completes the quest.
- Guslam mentions something about armor scattered about Vana'diel. You can find two more pieces of armor by simply opening coffers in the following zones:
- You can either farm for the appropriate keys to open the coffers, or use a lock-pick of some sort.
- Even though this is the lowest level piece, you cannot get this quest first. You must have started As Thick as Thieves (AF2) before you can start this quest.
- If you have any other Borghertz's Hands quest active you will need to complete that one before you can get this quest.
- After starting the quest, you can obtain the rewards in any order.
- The quest is marked complete upon obtaining the gloves.
Client: Guslam (Durable Shields, Upper Jeuno)
- Gauntlets wrought by Borghertz, the legendary craftsman, lie hidden somewhere in Vana'diel.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.