Dark magic spells are insidious and self serving, leeching the target's strength and making them weak. All the spells under dark magic (with the exception of Bio and Tractor) take that strength and give it to the caster, whether it be in the form of stats (such as DEX), Hit Points, Magic Points, or Tactical Points.
There are a handful of types of Dark Magic spells:
- Bio: Status Effect that deals Damage Over Time and lowers an enemy's Attack.
- Drain: Steals an enemy's Hit Points and gives them to the caster.
- Aspir: Steals an enemy's Magic Points (assuming they have any) and gives them to the caster.
- Tractor: Teleports a dead body to your current position. Casting range is the same as other magic.
- Stun: Make the enemies unable to perform any actions for a few seconds.
- Absorb (e.g. Absorb-STR): Steals an enemy's stat (such as STR) and gives it to the caster temporarily.
Dark Magic Skill is the skill base from which Dark Magic derives. It is most synonomous and most importantly relational to the resistance rate of all attack spells therein. In short, Dark Magic is the largest factor which determines if an Dark Magic Spell lands unresisted or not.
Dark Magic also helps defend against spell interruptions for any spells in its category.
|Job||Skill Ranking||Cap at Level 1||Cap at Level 37||Cap at Level 75|
- See Combat Skills for a by-level breakdown of magic skill caps.
Equipment that Enhances this Skill
|Magic of Vana'diel: Dark Magic|
|Unavailable to Players:
All items (22)