- I came from the Near East to peddle my wares. I heard that there are simply hordes of gullib--err, that is, I have heard of the great adventurers that roam this land, and wish to be of service to them. If you happen to know of any seasoned adventurers, I ask that you bring them to me. Be sure to tell them of my fabulous good!
- Wait a moment ... You are an adventurer, are you not? I hear your sort does all kinds of things--fighting with monsters, cooking, and collecting all sorts of little knickknacks ...
- Oh, I am truly sorry if I have offended you. I am from a land far to the east of here, and tales of adventurers are quite popular in my hometown.
- Anyway, I have heard rumors that you adventurers wear relic armor--amazing equipment that harnesses fantastic power! Could such a thing possibly be true?
- It simply cannot be! You say you possess the legendary relic armor?
- They say that relic armor was specially created by the best craftsmen in Vana'diel during the Great War in order to resist the Kindred, and was available only to the very best of the elite forces!
- That such powerful equipment could actually exist is unthinkable!
- However, while relic armor is incredibly powerful, yours is rather worn, and perhaps even cursed!
- If you hand your precious relic armor over to me, I could do all kinds of fantastic research on...
- Ahem, that is, I could make it shine like new! So how about it? It's worth a try, is it not?
- Here is what you must do: First, you must bring me an item that is the same as your relic armor, even if it is so ragged that it can no longer be worn.
- I also require ancient currency from the main three Western nations as a fee.
- Why ancient currency? Because in the Near East we find traditional gil more trustworthy than modern fluff!
- I can ship your relic armor off to the guilds of the Near East, and when you see it next, it will be in mint condition!
- However, I realize that you must be mentally prepared if you are to hand your treasure over to be sent across the seas. Just let me know when you are ready, and I will inform you of the items necessary for restoration.