- Speak with Brutus, in Upper Jeuno, near the chocobo stables, for a cutscene.
- He will speak of a chocobo's love for running in La Theine Plateau, like they did when they were wild.
- One chocobo will want to leave, and you have the option of letting him out. Do so.
- Brutus, finding out that a chocobo is missing, asks you to go find him.
- Head to La Theine, and look for Chocobo Tracks at the far southwest corner of (E-4).
- Examine the Chocobo Tracks for a short cutscene. The chocobo returns to Jeuno on its own. Head back to Jeuno by any method.
- Return to Upper Jeuno, and speak to Brutus, who thanks you for returning the chocobo. But the chocobo is acting strangely since returning and is being a bad influence on the other chocobos.
- Hantileon, An elvaan from San d'Oria, arrives to ask Brutus to attend an emergency meeting of the Vana'diel Chocobo Society. You are asked to come along, since you saw the chocobo last before the change.
- Head to the San d'Orian Chocobo Stables in Southern San d'Oria and speak with Hantileon (I-11).
- A cutscene of the Vana'diel Chocobo Society meeting will occur where they try to decide what to do about the change in chocobo behavior. They will come to an impasse and ask for your advice.
- You will have three options, all of which they will object to, one by one (you will be forced to choose all three options).
- After that, you will get a new option, to "Bring the chocobos together". Choose this option.
- Brutus will side with your idea and it will be agreed that the chocobos will be brought together in Jeuno.
- Speak with Brutus for the final cutscene. The chocobos who met at La Theine Plateau are reunited and immediately start feeling better. Brutus will then tell you that he needs to speak with the VCS about all that has happened and to come back later. Wait 1 Vana'diel day and speak with Brutus again, he will thank you and reward you with a Chocobo Egg. Note: you can complete the mission at any level but you will not receive the egg until after you speak with him at level 20 or higher
- Trade your Chocobo Egg to one of the Vana'diel Chocobo Society NPCs located at the Chocobo Stables at either Bastok Mines, Southern San d'Oria or Windurst Woods to commence your Chocobo Raising.
- A chocobo has run away from the stables in Upper Jeuno, and Brutus wants you to help bring it back.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.