|Usage:||/search <subcommand1> <subcommand2> <subcommand3>...|
Peforms a search for members fitting a certain criteria.
Performs a search of all players your current
|Example:||/search all inv whm hume 50-55 rank 2 windurst|
/sea "white mage" all 50-55 win inv rank 2 hum
- Level and rank ranges can either be done singular or for a range of numbers, eg. /search all rank 2, /search all invite 10-15.
- Searching for a particular name will also display characters whose name begins with your query.
- Search subcommands for races, job, or nation may be made using the abbreviated form.
- Area names may be abbreviated with the shortname of a zone. A partial list is given below.
- You may only perform area-specific searches in areas where your character has previously visited.
- You may do a region-specific search which include players from areas you have not visited.
- Performing searches for battlefield and instanced zones from outside of those zones does not work.
- After performing a search, it is possible to refine the search results by selecting "more..." (the first line of the Search Results dialog). This process must be done through the menus.
- Searches that return a large amount results will have their search results truncated. The exact number shown (versus truncated) will be displayed in your log. It is not possible to display the truncated hits directly; instead you can refine your search further using the above method or start a new one.
- The colour of a character's name indicates their party status: yellow indicates they are a party or alliance leader; blue indicates they are a member of a party; grey indicates they are not a member of a party.
Please refer to areas for the below list as it is currently broken. The new list is unfortunately for now a work in progress.
Area Abbreviation List (Crossed out areas cannot be searched)