Casting Time: 1 second
How to Obtain
- Automatically given if you start as Red Mage (Note: This scroll is ).
|Auction House Category: Scrolls > White Magic (||)|
Price: 82 - 101 gil Name Location Type Kususu Port Windurst (H-8) Standard Merchant Regine Port San d'Oria (J-8) Standard Merchant Sororo Bastok Markets (H-5) Standard Merchant
- Defense down effect
- Defense is reduced by 27/512 (5.27%)
- This effect cannot be resisted except with Magic Shield.
- Dia / Bio Priority
- Dia and Bio do not stack.
- Dia -> Bio -> Dia II -> Bio II-> Dia III-> Bio III
- Example: If Dia is cast, and Bio is cast afterwards, Dia will be overwritten. If Dia II is then cast, Bio will be overwritten. If Bio II is cast, Dia II will be overwritten.
- Note: This is not necessarily the case for player characters who have been hit with both spells.
- Useful Macros
- /ma "Dia" <t> Casts onto current target
- /ma "Dia" <bt> Casts onto last target claimed by party
- /ma "Dia" <stnpc> Allows you to select a target from available NPCs
- The Meaning of Dia
- Dia (d-ī-ah), or often debated to be pronounced as "Dïa" (d-ee-ah), can be defined as the prefix that was derived from Greek roots, which means "to pass through or join", or defined as "the day" after the word "el dïa" in Spanish. Dia (d-ee-ah) also refers to God in Gaelic, and is part of the greeting used "dia duit" meaning Gods blessing.
- Use of Dia in a party should be balanced against use of Bio as these spells cannot work at the same time.
|Magic of Vana'diel: Enfeebling Magic|
Bind — Blind I • II — Dispel — Gravity — Paralyze I • II — Silence — Slow I • II
Sleep I • II — Sleepga I • II
Dia I • II • III — Diaga — Poison I • II — Poisonga
|Unavailable to players:|
Bindga — Blindga — Break — Breakga — Curse — Diaga II • III — Dispelga — Paralyga — Poisonga II — Silencega — Slowga