The Egg Hunt Egg-stravaganza!
How to Play
- Start by collecting Initial Eggs, each inscribed with a letter.
- The easiest way to do this is by speaking to one of the festival moogles in each area where the event is held, but you can only collect one egg each day using this method. If you are in a party when you speak with the moogle, you will have the opportunity to select the type of egg you want based on the initials of your party's other members.
- You can collect even more initial eggs by trading other types of eggs you may have on hand to any of the moogles in the three nations. Just remember that these egg exchanges are also limited to one per day (per nation). How many initial eggs you receive varies depending on the quantities and varieties of eggs you trade, so if you are not happy with what you get once, keep trying!
- Once you've collected enough eggs, start exchanging with other adventurers and try making a "combination." The most basic one is called a "First 3." When you have the three initial eggs necessary for this combo, trade them to one of the moogles and collect your prize!
- After a "First 3," try building an "Initial Straight 8" or a "7 of a Kind." The more you make, the more presents you'll take home!
- Don't forget that you'll have to trade in a "First 3" before you can trade in any other combos. Think of it as a sort of preliminary test!
- And for those of you who are looking for a real challenge, try discovering different, more exotic combinations. The moogles are usually reluctant to give out any of their classified information, but maybe if you are persistent enough, one will let you in on a secret or two! Make it a point to talk to them as often as possible!
- Please note that all "new adventurers" will be required to wait one Vana'diel day before being eligible to receive initial eggs.
- The Egg Hunt Egg-stravaganza will begin at 17:00 on April 6th, and last until 0:00 on April 17th (PDT).
- You may collect one free event egg from the Moogle per Vana'diel day.
- Usually the letter you receive is random. However, if you are partied with one or more other people, you will be able to choose your letter from among the first letters of each party members' name.
- You may collect bonus eggs per day by trading regular eggs to the Moogle.
- You may get one bonus event egg randomly by trading any of the following to the Moogle:
- You may get two bonus event eggs (same letters) by trading the following:
- 1 Party Egg (HQ of colored egg)
- You may get three bonus event eggs (same letters) by trading the following:
- 1 Lucky Egg (Rare drop from some Crawlers)
- You may also collect eggs through the various HELM activities: Harvesting, Mining, Logging, and Excavating.
Before getting any of the reward eggs for the event, you must first complete the "First Three."
Reward - Chocobo Tickets or a colored drop
Once you have completed the "First Three," you may do any of the following combinations.
Seven of a Kind
Reward - Fortune Egg
Initial Straight Eight
Reward - Happy Egg
Repeatable - Yes, as long as you do not have all three furniture eggs yet.
Reward - Orphic Egg