- As you may remember from before, the ghost seen by Sharzalion was Curilla's father. Its about time you found out what this is about.
- Speak with Curilla ( Chateau d'Oraguille ); she will be amazed that the ghost of her father haunts the cathedral. She asks you to investigate this, and gives you an Old Pocket Watch (key item). She tells you if the ghost is her father, he will recognize it.
- Go to the basement of the Cathedral in Northern San d'Oria and speak with the priest, Pagisalis. He will tell you to fetch a piece of Velvet Cloth if you are to pray there. Fetch him the cloth and trade it to him.
- As you pray, the ghost appears and speaks Curilla's name, takes the watch and leaves you a pair of Old Boots (key item). Pagisalis wakes you, startled that you don't break out of your prayer. The vicasque comes to investigate the commotion, and after hearing your story about ghosts, tells you to get your blaspheming self out of the Cathedral.
- Return to Curilla. She will try on the boots and find that she cannot don them. Prince Trion comes in on business, but stays for a moment to hear the story. It is revealed that uncursing the boots can be done by burying them in the Crawlers' Nest with some Crawler Blood in a place where the light shines. Trion forbids Curilla from mucking around in some dirty crawler's nest, as he has work for her. She asks that you do this for her, and although she gives you leave to do with the boots as you will, bids you to return to her to tell her what transpires.
- Go to the Crawlers' Nest and get a Nest Chest Key. Then find a treasure chest and open it with the key, and this will give you the key item, Crawler Blood.
-Note: Once accepting the initial cutscene with Curilla, this entire quest can be done as a job other than Red Mage if necessary. You can use a Thief to pick the Treasure Chest and you will still get the Crawler Blood, and also be able to leave the boots at the ???.
- Bury the boots by clicking on the ??? at (I-10) on the bottom floor of the nest.
- Leave the boots there until 12AM JST (11AM EST), and then click again on the ??? to retrieve your boots.
- Return to Curilla if you wish, as you will need to return to her to quest for your Chapeau anyway.
Client: Curilla (Temple Knights' Quarters, Chateau d'Oraguille)
- Investigate reports of a ghost in the cathedral.