Haste is a beneficial status effect that increases a character's speed until it wears off or is removed. Benefiting characters experience reduced weapon delay and magic recast timers.
Haste is the direct counterpart to Slow.
March is a similar Song effect bestowed by Bards. It provides the same types of benefits as Haste, and can also be combined with Haste.
- Haste is calculated as a percentage reduction in weapon delay and magic recast time. That is, with 50% Haste, attacks rounds will occur twice as often. With 66% Haste, attack rounds will occur 3 times as fast.
- Example: a weapon with a delay of 509 normally takes ~8.48 seconds before an attack can be initiated. With +50% Haste, this delay would be treated as 254.5, or ~4.24 seconds of wait before the next attack would occur.
- Example: The White Magic spell Raise has a base recast time of 60 seconds. With +50% Haste, the recast time drops to 30 seconds.
- Haste effects, despite reducing weapon delay, do not reduce TP gained per hit. As a result, Haste accelerates TP gain over time by making hits more frequent but keeping TP/hit the same.
- Haste from equipment (including Catastrophe) caps at 25%.
- Haste gained from magic caps at approximately 43.75%.
- Haste from Hasso and Desperate Blows is separate from these caps, for a maximum of 93.3% Haste.
- Recast time reduction is capped at 50% from all sources.
- Haste from magic does not reduce recast time while weakened.
How to remove the effect
- This effect can be dispelled.
- Certain sources of Slow have higher priority and can replace Haste effects entirely. (E.g. Slow effects from Spider ability Spider Web, or the spell Slow II.)
- These stronger effects will also prevent subsequent Haste spells from taking effect.
- Haste effects can be removed manually.
How the effect is bestowed
Spells haste effect
- Enchantment effect on the Haste Belt
- Note: Stacks with spell effects and does not count toward gear Haste cap.
- Possible random effect gained from stepping into the swamps in Caedarva Mire.
Weapons & Armor
- FFXI Calculator Calculate Haste Effect on Attack Delay