- Talk to Gumbah in Bastok Mines who will give you the Sword of Trials and the Weapons Training Guide (key item).
- Use the Sword of Trials until the latent effect disappears.
- How to remove the latent effect:
- You must perform Weapon Skills and Skillchains on monsters that con Easy Prey or higher.
- You receive 1 point for opening/soloing a weaponskill, 2 points for closing a Lv.1 Skillchain, 3 points for closing a Lv.2 Skillchain and 5 points for closing a level 3 Skillchain.
- To check to see if the latent effect has disappeared, simply unequip and re-equip the Sword of Trials and if you do not get the bonus stats, you are done.
- Once you no longer receive the latent effect bonus, head back to Bastok Mines and trade the Sword of Trials back to Gumbah, who will take the weapon from you and give you a Map to the Annals of Truth (key item) and tell you to head to Western Altepa Desert.
- Head to (E-9) and touch the ??? there to spawn the NM tiger named Maharaja.
- Once the NM is dead, re-examine the ??? to obtain the Annals of Truth (key item).
- Bring this back to Gumbah for your reward.
Client: Gumbah (House, Bastok Mines)
- Gumbah has received a letter from the Dark Knight, Zeid. This correspondence states that to prevent Werei's technique from fading into oblivion, we are to train with a certain sword the great warrior left behind.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.