- When a mob is intimidated, it will not act for that attack turn. In this way it acts like Paralyze, but it stacks with effects that cause paralysis.
- When a Player Character is intimidated, the player will not be able to act for that attack turn.
- "The Orcish Shopwrecker is intimidated by Anfini's presence."
- Players can only intimidate monsters when they have enmity on the monster. For instance, a Paladin can only intimidate an undead monster with Undead Killer if he has hate on the monster.
- Killer traits are acquired at various levels and allow the Beastmaster, Paladin, Dark Knight, Dragoon, Samurai, or Blue Mage to intimidate the mobs that are being fought.
|Beastmaster||Paladin||Dark Knight||Dragoon||Samurai||Blue Mage|
|Vermin Killer (Lvl 10)
||Undead Killer (Lvl 5)
||Arcana Killer (Lvl 25)
||Dragon Killer (Lvl 25)
||Demon Killer (Lvl 40)
||See Blue Mage Job Traits|
- Note: A beastmaster's pet can also intimidate the mob if you are following the Beast Strength Chart.
- Certain foods and armor can give consumers/wearers these traits temporarily.
|Amorph Killer||Shrimp Cracker||Aquan Earring|
|Aquan Killer||None known.||Bird Earring|
|Arcana Killer||Acorn Cookie
|Beast Killer||Spicy Cracker||Plantoid Earring|
|Bird Killer||None known.||Amorph Earring|
|Demon Killer||Dragon Meat
|Dragon Killer||None known.||Demon Earring|
|Lizard Killer||Bison Steak
|Plantoid Killer||Ginger Cookie||Vermin Earring|
|Undead Killer||Garlic Cracker||Arcana Earring|
|Vermin Killer||Cinna-cookie||Lizard Earring|
|Empty Killer||None known||Shade Harness Set|
- All HQ versions of foods or armor listed here give the Killer effect as well.
- There is no Killer effect for Lumorians.
- Players wearing Crimson Mask, Crimson Scale Mail, Crimson Finger Gauntlets, Crimson Cuisses or Crimson Greaves (or their HQ versions) can be intimidated by monsters or other players with Dragon Killer (including all Demons, Imps, Ahrimans, and Taurus), as if they were Dragons themselves. As this is in relation to Dragon Affinity, those wearing crimson armor can also intimidate the Demon type monsters they can be intimidated by. Dragoon Wyverns are also intimidated by Dragon Killer, and have the Demon Killer trait.