- Talk to Balasiel in Southern San d'Oria who will give you the Spear of Trials and the Weapons Training Guide (key item).
- Use the Spear of Trials until the latent effect disappears.
- How to remove the latent effect:
- You must perform Weapon Skills and Skillchains on monsters that con Easy Prey or higher.
- You receive 1 point for opening/soloing a weaponskill, 2 points for closing a Lv.1 Skillchain, 3 points for closing a Lv.2 Skillchain and 5 points for closing a level 3 Skillchain.
- To check to see if the latent effect has disappeared, simply unequip and re-equip the Spear of Trials and if you do not get the bonus stats, you are done.
- You will need 300 points total. Best way to get 300 is closing a Light Skillchain with either a Dark Knight, Paladin or Warrior (Spinning Slash or Ground Strike); a Paladin, Red Mage, Blue Mage, Corsair, Dark Knight or Warrior (Savage Blade); a Puppetmaster or Monk (Dragon Kick); a White Mage, Warrior, Monk, Black Mage, Paladin, Summoner, Blue Mage (Black Halo) or a Thief (Shark Bite)and close by using Wheeling Thrust. Refer to the Skillchain chart pictured in the skillchain section.
- Once you no longer receive the latent effect bonus, head back to Southern San d'Oria and trade the Spear of Trials back to Balasiel, who will take the weapon from you and give you a Map to the Annals of Truth (key item) and tell you to head to Sea Serpent Grotto.
- Once in Sea Serpent Grotto you will need the Sahagin Key.
- When everyone is ready, trade the Sahagin Key to the Ornamented door. You cannot open it from inside and you lose key so make sure everyone gets in.
- Now pass the bridge and the ??? is in the next room, click it to spawn the NM named Water Leaper.
- Once the NM is dead, re-examine the ??? to obtain the Annals of Truth (key item).
- Bring this back to Balasiel for your reward.
Client: Balasiel (Watchdog Alley, Southern San d'Oria)
- Balasiel requires your assistance in constructing a new set of polearm training guidelines for the San d'Orian knights.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.