HP = Detects Low HP; M = Detects Magic; Sc = Follows by Scent; T(S) = True-sight; T(H) = True-hearing
JA = Detects job abilities; WS = Detects weaponskills; Z(D) = Asleep in Daytime; Z(N) = Asleep at Nighttime
- Less powerful version of Hydra.
- Piercing weapons do NOT get resisted this fight.
- Has a moderate regen rate
- Uses Draw In.
- Heads can be cut off and grow back quickly.
- High resist to dark based magic eg. Blizzard
- Uses the following TP moves:
- Barofield: Moderate AoE (250-300) that ignores shadows and does Wind damage. Damage reduced with Baraera
- Trembling: Moderate AoE absorbed by shadows and additional effect: Dispel if not enough shadows up to take the TP move.
- Pyric Bulwark: Physical Shield
- Polar Bulwark: Magic Shield
- Pyric Blast: Fire-based breath attack with plague effect.
- Polar Blast: Ice-based breath attack with paralyze effect.
- Nerve Gas: High poison and Curse, AoE
- Serpentine Tail: A heavy Spike Flail-type move which is used on the primary target which is behind it. (Can be blocked with Utsusemi.)
- "Orochi has begun to thrash its tail about.": Emote signal that it has gone into tail-attack mode.
- During this mode, it will proceed to attack you with his tail, which does massive damage but can be avoided with shadows. But by giving it TP during this stage will provoke it into using Serpentine Tail.
- "The thrashing has ceased.": Emote that signals that the above mode has stopped, and will fight normally.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.