File:Paralyze (Status Effect).png Paralysis is a harmful status effect that prevents some actions until it wears off or is removed. Afflicted characters have a chance that every attack, spell, item, or ability they attempt may be canceled (and recast timers for abilities set to full). Two-hour abilities may get canceled, and their recast timers will be set to full as well. Items whose use get cancelled by paralyze will disappear from the inventory as if they had been used while enchanted equipment will lose a charge. Weapon Skills, monster TP abilities, and avatar Blood Pact abilities are not affected by paralysis.
How to remove the effect
- The White Magic spell Paralyna.
- The White Mage two hour Benediction.
- The Dragoon Wyvern ability Remove Paralyze.
- The automaton attachment Eraser when at least 1 Light Maneuver is active.
- The use of a Remedy or Remedy Ointment. WARNING: Item will be lost if the act of using it is Paralyzed.
- The use of Leviathan's Spring Water Blood Pact.
- The use of Chakra with Temple Cyclas equipped.
How the effect is inflicted
- White Magic - Paralyze, Paralyze II
- Black Magic - Ice Spikes
- Ninjutsu - Jubaku: Ichi
- Blue Magic - Reactor Cool, Mind Blast, Frost Breath
- Corsair's Scimitar - Additional Effect:Paralysis
- Patriarch Protector's Arrow - Additional Effect:Paralysis
- Coeurl - Blaster
- Dragons - Heavy Stomp
- Dynamis Statues - Numbing Glare
- Flytraps - Palsy Pollen
- Funguar - Spore, Numbshroom
- Goobbue - Blank Gaze
- Hecteyes - Hex Eye
- Hippogryphs - Choke Breath
- Morbols - Bad Breath, Impale
- Rabbit - Snow Cloud
- Raptors - Frost Breath
- Scorpions - Numbing Breath
- Soulflayers - Mind Blast
- Tiger - Roar
- Uragnites - Palsynyxis
- Wyverns - Dread Shriek
- Yovra - Additional Effect from attacks
- Zdei - Reactor Cool