- SW Apollyon is a subsection of the Apollyon zone in the Limbus region.
- It is reached via the Teleport-Dem crag entrance to Al'Taieu.
- Can be cleared with a full alliance only taking the Time chest on the 3rd floor.
- A group of 12 typically needs to take an extra Time chest on the 1st or 2nd floor.
- The Time chests give an additional 10 minutes.
- Drops AF+1 materials for BRD, BST, NIN, THF, PLD, DRK, MNK, RDM, RNG, SAM, DRG, BLM, SMN, WAR, WHM ?
- Typical Ancient Beastcoin yield: 40
- Reward for completion: Charcoal Chip
|Item (Job)||Item (Job)||Item (Job)||Item (Job)||Item (Job)|
|Ancient Brass (MNK)||Benedict Yarn (WHM)||Brown Doeskin (BRD)||Diabolic Yarn (BLM)||Kurogane (SAM)|
|Argyro Rivet (WAR)||Black Rivet (DRK)||Cardinal Cloth (RDM)||Ebony Lacquer (NIN)||Light Filament (THF)|
|Astral Leather (SMN)||Blue Rivet (DRG)||Charcoal Cotton (RNG)||Fetid Lanolin (BST)||White Rivet (PLD)|
- Enemies: Fir Bholg x10 (Fomor)
- About 4250 HP
- Galka = PLD, Elvaan = THF, Hume = SAM, Tarutaru = BLM, Mithra = RDM
- The Mage Fir Bholg are highly resistant to magic damage.
- Each has a chance of dropping an Ancient Beastcoin.
- Linking by sound.
- Use 2hr abilities once each.
- Susceptible to Lullaby and Sleep
- Summoner pullers need to be very careful, the will link and stay linked at times on pet pulls
- Once aggroed, the alliance will have hate on the ones that aggro, regardless if you sac pull.
- You can open only one of the three chests.
- The Vortex and Chests come from the same race of Fomor, possibly the same race as the person who first entered the zone.
- The Items chest has 4 Ancient Beastcoins and 1-2 AF+1 material (BRD, DRK, SAM, BLM, WAR, ?).
- Killing a Jidra causes one of the other monsters to spawn.
- Defeating the large, leafless Jidra opens the vortex (and doesn't spawn a kid).
- The Jidra never drop Ancient Beastcoins, but the others always drop one.
- All enemies are immune to Lullaby.
- When all enemies are dead, the Time, Items and Restore chests spawn. You can only open one.
- They actually appear farther south than shown on the map.
- The Items chest has 4 Ancient Beastcoins and an AF+1 material (RNG, WHM, SMN, BLM, WAR, ?).
- Enemies: Armoury Crate x8 (Mimics)
- Often drop an Ancient Beastcoin.
- They only aggro when someone clicks on them to determine whether they are mimics or real chests. They are passive otherwise.
- Defeating one of the Mimics opens the vortex.
- The Time, Items and Restore chests are hidden among the Mimics. You can open all three.
- They are randomly distributed--they are not in the places marked on the map.
- You can't tell which chest it is which without opening it; they all look like Items chests.
- Note: Mimics have the Draw In ability, so trying to use a SMN and a pet to find the real chests won't work.
- Death Trap (AoE Stun and Poison) has a huge range (>31').
- The Items chest has 4 Ancient Beastcoins, 0-2 AF+1 materials (NIN, DRG, BLM, SAM, WHM) and a synthesis material (Oxblood, Shell Powder, Light Steel Ingot, Clot Plasma, Darksteel Ore).
- Enemies: Air Elemental x3