Job Trait Overview
- Game Description: Grants bonus TP when blocking an attack with a shield.
- TP bonus is granted when shield blocking physical attacks; no TP bonus if not shield blocked.
- TP bonus is not granted if the wielder receives no damage from the attack.
- Prevents spell interruption from attacks that are blocked with the shield during spell casting. Any attacks that are not blocked by the shield still have a chance to interrupt.
- This Job Trait is always active.
- Further Notes:
- There are three levels of Shield Mastery, obtained at: Level 25, Level 50, and Level 75.
- It's speculated that on shield block, one would gain 1 extra TP with Shield Mastery I, 2 TP with Shield Mastery II, and 3 TP with Shield Mastery III.
- Another theory holds that Store TP enhances the TP bonus.
- See FFXIOnline for more discussion on the effects of this Job Trait.
Equipment that Enhances this Trait
Shield Mastery I
Shield Mastery II
Shield Mastery III
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.