- When activated, user's next strike will be a critical hit and cannot miss as long as he/she is attacking from behind the enemy. The game is very lenient in the definition of "behind", as this ability will also work from an angle.
- Lasts for one minute or until an attack is made.
- If this ability is used by a Thief, the next strike will also receive a large boost in damage based on user's DEX. Weapon base damage will increase by 1 for every point of DEX the player has.
- If this ability is used by a character with Thief as a support job, the next strike will only be a critical and will not receive a DEX based boost in damage.
- When used in conjunction with a non-elemental weapon skill, this ability will enhance the attack. Only the first hit of a multi-hit weapon skill is enhanced.
- Due to a recent change (date: unknown) when combined with the weapon skills Sturmwind or Tachi: Enpi it also guarantees accuracy on the 2nd hit as well when used as a subjob. May affect other weapon skills also.
- This ability only works with physical attacks, will not work with ranged attacks nor magic-based weapon skills.
- Sneak Attack works with Physical Blue Magic i.e. Death Scissors, Frenetic Rip, etc. It does not work with Area Effect Physical Blue Magic i.e. Frypan, Battle Dance, Tail Slap
- Usage of a ranged attack while this ability is active does not cause Sneak Attack to wear off.
- This ability will work from any direction if Hide is active and the user has no enmity. See Hide for more details.
- This ability is often abbreviated as "SA".
- Some Japanese players may abbreviate this ability as "fui" (不意). "Fui" is the Japanese word for sudden, abrubt, unexpected, unforeseen, or surprise.
- When combined with Trick Attack, some Japanese players may use the abbreviation "fuidama" (不意騙) a combination of "fui" (不意) and "dama" (騙, deceive).
- Which Weapon Skills DO stack with Sneak Attack?
- H2H: Combo, Shoulder Tackle, One Inch Punch, Raging Fists, Spinning Attack, Howling Fist, Dragon Kick, Asuran Fists.
- Dagger: Wasp Sting, Shadowstitch, Viper Bite, Energy Steal, Energy Drain, Dancing Edge, Shark Bite, Evisceration.
- Sword: Fast Blade, Circle Blade, Vorpal Blade, Swift Blade, Savage Blade.
- Great Sword: Hard Slash, Power Slash, Shockwave, Crescent Moon, Sickle Moon, Spinning Slash, Ground Strike.
- Club: Brainshaker, Skullbreaker, True Strike, Judgment, Hexa Strike, Black Halo.
- Staff: Heavy Swing, Shell Crusher, Full Swing, Spirit Taker, Retribution.
- Axe: Raging Axe, Smash Axe, Gale Axe, Avalanche Axe, Spinning Axe, Rampage, Calamity, Mistral Axe, Decimation.
- Great axe: Shield Break, Iron Tempest, Sturmwind, Armor Break, Keen Edge, Weapon Break, Raging Rush, Full Break, Steel Cyclone.
- Scythe: Slice, Dark Harvest, Spinning Scythe, Vorpal Scythe, Guillotine, Cross Reaper, Spiral Hell.
- Polearm: Double Thrust, Leg Sweep, Penta Thrust, Vorpal Thrust, Skewer, Wheeling Thrust, Impulse Drive.
- Katana: Blade: Rin, Blade: Retsu, Blade: Jin, Blade: Ten, Blade: Ku
- Great Katana: Tachi: Enpi, Tachi: Hobaku, Tachi: Goten, Tachi: Kagero, Tachi: Jinpu, Tachi: Koki, Tachi: Yukikaze, Tachi: Gekko, Tachi: Kasha.
- /ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
- Some people like to macro Sneak Attack with a weapon skill:
- /ja "Sneak Attack" <me>
- /wait 1
- /ws "Viper Bite" <t>