- Talk to Novalmauge in Bostaunieux Oubliette who will give you the Scythe of Trials and the Weapons Training Guide (key item).
- Use the Scythe of Trials until the latent effect disappears.
- How to remove the latent effect:
- You must perform Weapon Skills and Skillchains on monsters that con Easy Prey or higher.
- You receive 1 point for opening/soloing a weaponskill, 2 points for closing a Lv.1 Skillchain, 3 points for closing a Lv.2 Skillchain and 5 points for closing a level 3 Skillchain.
- You must accumulate 300 total points.
- To check to see if the latent effect has disappeared, simply unequip and re-equip the Scythe of Trials and if you do not get the elemental resistance bonuses, you are done.
- Once you no longer receive the latent effect bonus, head back to Bostaunieux Oubliette and trade the Scythe of Trials back to Novalmauge, DO NOT talk to Novalmauge or you may accidentally fail the quest! He will take the weapon from you and give you a Map to the Annals of Truth (key item) and tell you to head to Den of Rancor.
- Once in Den of Rancor go to I-13 on the map to the right and click the ??? to spawn the NM named Mokumokuren.
- Once the NM is dead, re-examine the ??? to obtain the Annals of Truth (key item).
- Bring this back to Novalmauge for your reward.
Client: Novalmauge (Bostaunieux Oubliette)
- Lift the curse on the scythe that Novalmauge has given you and gain a new weapon technique.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.