Controls the AI of the Automaton.
- Magic +2
Each category of magic has a separate recast timer, while the automaton also has a universal recast timer which determines the minimum time between any two spells being cast.
- Remains stationary when deployed within ~15 yalms of the target, if deployed outside this range the automaton will close to melee distance.
- Will only move if the enemy is out of casting range or when it is out of MP.
- Magic is only used when attached to the Stormwaker or Harlequin Frame.
- The spiritreaver head will automatically detect extreme resistances, even without equipping the scanner. If an extreme resistance is detected, it will choose the highest spell to which the target does not have extreme resistance. Equipping the scanner on this puppet may cause a bug where it is unable to cast at all.
Drain and Aspir
- Drain or Aspir will only be cast if the automaton's HP or MP is below 75%. They will not be cast on mobs which cannot have HP or MP stolen, such as undead or mobs without MP.
- When Aspir II is learned the automaton will cast Aspir II and Aspir before casting a different spell until its MP is above 75%.
The casting AI changes based on the current targets health.Casting AI has been changed dramatically since the December 2011 update, this table may no longer be accurate.
Spells and Maneuvers
Maneuvers increase the priority of spells of their respective element.
The spiritreaver head requires a dark maneuver to cast enfeebles. Dark maneuvers also cause aspir to be used first, even though drain is typically prioritized. Enfeebling is similar to that of the stormwaker head, but requiring a dark maneuver raises the priority of blind, bio II, and absorb-INT. Absorb-INT appears to be at a higher priority than blind and bio II though; it requires two maneuvers in order to force the puppet to cast a different enfeeble, whereas blind and bio II only require one. The casting of dia II is also only possible with two lights.
Spells become available as Automaton Magic Skill increases.