Threnody is a type of Enfeebling Song used by Bards. It temporarily lowers an enemy's resistance to one of the eight elements, causing subsequent elemental attacks, magic, and status effects matching the appropriate element to land on the target with greater accuracy.
- Threnody reduces the target's resistance to the appropriate element by 50 points plus 5 for each +1 on the instrument.
- The White Magic spell Erase will remove Threnody effects.
- Similar to Bar-spells, Threnody spells have an element that is stronger than the element it acts upon. For example, Barblizzard enhances resistance to ice, yet is a fire-based spell. Likewise, Ice Threnody reduces ice resistance, and is also a fire-based spell.
- As an Enfeebling Song, only one Threnody can be active on a target at once. If a subsequent Threnody is cast on a target that still has a Threnody active, the first Threnody effect is removed.
- The status of reduced elemental resistance, such as the effect provided by Threnody, only heightens accuracy of elemental damage; meaning it will be more likely to hit for its maximum (unresisted) damage. Threnodies, or any other form of reduced elemental resistance, will not allow such attacks to hit for a higher maximum damage.
Threnody Song List
|Piccolo +1||9||Threnody +2|
|Sorrowful Harp||70||Threnody +3|
|Millennium Horn||75||In Dynamis: CHR +3, All Songs +2|
|Gjallarhorn||75||CHR +4, All Songs +2, Singing Skill +10, Wind Instrument Skill +10|