Played retail 2006-2009, Gilgamesh server.
I played retail FFXI from approximately 2006-2009 on Gilgamesh server. I was a tarutaru RDM, WAR and DRG named Spiffly. I never got into the HNM scene but helped to run 2 Sky ls named MoonVison and GetsTuffDone (GTD). Did all the usual Sea, Limbus, Dynamis etc. as well. If anyone remembers me, i'd love to speak to some old buddies, specifically these guys as i spent the most time with them <3:
Sirhenry, Vibribbon, Majistical, Minigolf, Wiremeshi, Storytellar, Okinoki, Nokioki, Kedaki, Aphex, Galvan, Bebechan, Batista, Shadowreapper, Castrate, Shinobidragon and many more i'm not remembering :(
Why do I Edit The Wiki?
I've been playing on Eden since August 2019 and i've put countless hours of playtime in my characters. I've had a blast since day one and met some great friends along the way. Without the Eden staff team, this wouldn't have been possible.
I'm a strong believe of giving something back if i've taken something in the first place. Unfortunately I can't code nor can I give back in any other way that I know of. That was until I stumbled across the wikipedia. Anyone can create account and start editing and after spending a few hours figuring it all out, i'd found my way of giving back. I can edit whenever my life allows it and will continue to do so until the day I call time on Eden.
Editing the wiki is easy. I'm no computer expert and i was able to figure it out. Hell a lot of editing is copy and pasting historical pages from retail wiki, but for every new page added, we nearer the day when Eden's wiki is complete! If you're reading this and are interested in giving it a go yourself, DM on discord (Spiffly#5762) and i'll help you get started.
Here are a list of wiki projects that can be undertaken by anyone interested in doing so.
- Category:Guides - The page is lacking many job specific and crafting guides. Need to go through retail wiki and era accurate guides to Eden's wiki.
- Category:Job Specific Equipment - Each job has it's own sub-page found within this category (or needs one making). Within in this page, a list of job specific equipment can be found and many pages are yet to be added.
- Food - This is not something that needs doing but i think would be a good addition to our wikipedia which retail doesn't seem to have. I would like to add in sub-categorys for each food effect (within reason). So the page "Food/Attack" for example would contain a list of all the different foods that increase attack.
- Medicines - This page needs creating into a Category and the page needs writing from scratch. Currently ther is nothing at all.
- Desynthesis - I have started to a new standardisation for desynth, which can be seen when viewing the desynth page. It needs continuing for each craft. NOTE FOR SELF. GO THROUGH SOMEPAGE!!! There are recipces that were added to the game and never made their way to the wikipedia. The patch notes need to be glossed over to find any missing.
- Gardening - Testing all recipe variables. Flowering plants have all been tested at least once with Brass/Ceramic/Earthen pots. Tre type plants still have a lot of testing required.
- Version Updates
- Job Specific Equipment - Current Samurai
- Advanced Macro Guide
- Category:Automaton Attachments
- HQ Rate Testing
- Excavation: Note:- Need to add each area and maps
- Clamming: Note:- Need to add gear and then this section will be complete.
- Commands|Commands: Note:- Need to fix all of the red links and check for era accuracy. Also Command/search needs finishing and Commands/search/areas - Need to add in all of the search parameters
- 5 Quick Tips for New Players
- Advanced Macro Guide
- Alchemy Guide by Spiffly 1-60
- Auction House Guide
- Beginner's Macro Guide
- Camps for Experience Points Parties
- How to Make Gil as a New Player from Bastok
- How to Make Gil as a New Player from San d'Oria
- How to Make Gil as a New Player from Windurst
- Intermediate Macro Guide
- New and Casual Player Gardening Guide
- New to XP Party guide
Job Specific Armor Progress
|Blue Mage||Corsair||Dark Knight|
- Standard Merchants - add all of npcs
- Regional Merchants - finish bastok/windy
- Guild Merchants - merchant info now ready for adding
- Guild Point Merchants - add 'info' section plus items for sale
- Moghancement - thorough going over. poss reformat it.
- Armor Sets - Need to add all sets and remove dnc/sch etc
Generic Simple Table
|Title 1||Title 2||Title 3|
'Blue Colour' - #d5d9ff