- Skill level: 100 (Thief, Red Mage, Bard, Ranger, Corsair, and Ninja exclusive.)
- Deals double damage and Poisons target. Duration of poison varies with TP.
- Despite the animation showing two swings, this is a single-hit weapon skill.
- Element: None
- Modifiers: None
- Damage Multipliers by TP:
100%TP 200%TP 300%TP 1.00 1.00 1.00
Common Skillchain Usage
Viper Bite is the game's primary closer of Distortion from levels 33 to 59. Coupled with Sneak Attack and Trick Attack, a Thief's Viper Bite damage makes it the optimal choice for large Distortion chains.
- Viper Bite is only natively available to Thieves, Red Mages, Bards, Rangers, Corsairs, and Ninjas. While other jobs can obtain the required 100 Dagger skill, they must use one of the aforementioned jobs as their support job in order to gain access to Viper Bite.
- Dagger skill level 100 is obtainable by the following jobs at these corresponding levels:
Job Rating Level Thief A- 33 Corsair B+ 34 Red Mage B 34 Warrior B- 34 Bard B- 34 Ranger B- 34 Beastmaster C+ 35 Ninja C+ 35 Dark Knight C 35 Paladin C- 35 Puppetmaster C- 35 Black Mage D 37 Samurai E 40 Dragoon E 40 Summoner E 40
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.